Framework 3.7.1 and 3.7B

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Framework 3.7.1 and 3.7B
From: Robert.L.Woodward@travelers.com
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 11:15:32 -0400

> I just received Framework 3.7.1 and 3.7B, what is the difference? Which one do
 I want to upgrade to? I installed 3.7, but have not
installed Netview yet, i am running into problems.
Please advise.

I have recently submitted a PMR asking this question:
Will we have any problems migrating from NetView 5.11 to NetView 6.0.2. using
Framework 3.7b
Based on the PMR, I wouldn't advise going to Framework 3.7.1 at this time.

Bob

###

Tivoli's response:

Hello,
Tivoli NetView for UNIX, V6.0 installation is supported on Framework
3.7b.   NetView 6.0 usage on Framework 3.7b is not supported.  So..once
you install 6.0 on Framework 3.7b, you are required to update to 6.01 or
6.02 for usage support.
.
 * Do not attempt to install NetView V6.0 on Framework 3.7.1  *  There is an
open Framework apar (IY18735)on an install issue that NetView has
installing on Framework 3.7.1.

Regards,
Inge

###