Netview on solaris upgrade

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview on solaris upgrade
From: "Chan, Jack" <jack.chan@nz.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 17:01:43 -0400
Hi all,

I am quite new to Netview.

Does anyone has experience of upgrading Netview
5.1.2 to 6 on Solaris? I have read the Installation and Config guide v6. I
have some questions in mind:

- the installation and config guide v6.0 (pg46) indicated that I need to
recreate the RIM after upgrade. Does the migration deletes the RIM??!!

- do I need to re-configure Netview to use Oracle after the migration? It is
currently using Oracle to store SNMP collect data.

- On the Netview 6.0 CD I can only find the Tivoli Netview Database 6.0.
There is no Tivoli Netview Database update from 5x to 6.0, do I only upgrade
the server to 6.0 and leave the databse component at 5.1? or should I
install databse 6.0 on top of 5?

- If I choose the migrate ALL files option, does that migrate any
miscellaneous user
files under /usr/OV/? or they will just remain there after the upgrade?

- any other things I should beware of about migrating Netview from 5.1.2 to
6.0?

Ansers to any of these questions would be appreciated.

Jack Chan
jack.chan@unisys.com