Re: RE: Host Name

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: RE: Host Name
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 14:52:05 -0400
Judy and Mark - remember to use the pax command on the restore - the syntax
is
    pax -rp  e  -f  <the backup tar file name>
If you restore with tar, it unpuffs and gets
really big. The pax command understands the 'sparse filesystem' that
netview
uses. I suppose it won't always prevent overflow, but it sure will help.

Detroit

"Scherting, Mark" <mscherting@state.mt.us>@tkg.com on 05/22/2001 11:56:51
AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com