RE: ! sign in netmon seed file

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: ! sign in netmon seed file
From: BAUDOUX BERNARD <bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:19:18 +0200
Hello Laurens,

this is the normal behaviour of NetView if the interfaces you defined as
negative entries are part of nodes with "allowed" interfaces.   Let's take
an example :

say we have router RTR with interfaces 1.1.1.1, 2.2.2.2, 3.3.3.3 and 4.4.4.4

1.1.1.1 is allowed to be discovered by netmon, but not the others (! sign in
seedfile).
Netmon will discover them anyway for it cannot discover only parts of a
device it will see them when asking for the i/f table.

hope this answers your query,
Bernard Baudoux
Phone: +32 (0)2/565.24.68