! sign in netmon seed file

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: ! sign in netmon seed file
From: "Rauwers, Laurens" <rauwers@hitt.nl>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:03:35 +0200
Hello list,
running NV 6.0.1 on Solaris 2.7

I put an interface group with a certain ip-addresses with the ! sign in the
netmon seed file.
It was the intention not to discover those interfaces, however they are
detected and placed on the map.
Is this a NetView problem, or do I make the wrong assumptions?

I put it in the seed file as follows:  !163.45.126.*
Netmon runs with: -P -I -s<seed file> -l
The topology/status discovering configuration: discover new nodes is
disabled

Any help is welcome

Laurens Rauwers

HITT, Holland Institute of Traffic Technology B.V.
P.O. Box 717, 7300 AS Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Oude Apeldoornseweg 41-45, Bldg Y, 7333 NR Apeldoorn, The Netherlands

Phone:                  +31 55 543 2588
Fax:                    +31 55 543 2553
E-mail:                         rauwers@hitt.nl
World Wide Web:         http://www.hitt.nl