RE: Netview snmp v3/ldap/mlm

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Netview snmp v3/ldap/mlm
From: REIBENSCHUH Alfred <alfred.reibenschuh@it-austria.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:51:33 +0200
hi!

> 1) I've read previously in the mailing list that support for
> snmp v3 is
> coming.  Does anybody have a ballpark idea of when this will
> be supported
> or do I have to consult the development group which was previously
> mentioned.

this should be coming in netview tnr (the-next-release)

> 2) Is there anyway to use ldap services with Netview.  Say for the
> snmpconf, so that strings could be saved and queried from a ldap
> database.  I don't think this is possible because I haven't seen any
> information about it but I thought I would ask anyway.

nope

> 3) We are planning to use MLM's.  In the mlm guide is says
> that you should
> use the Solaris snmpx (SEA).  We would like to use ucd-snmpd
> as our snmp
> client.  Is it possible to use ucd-snmp clients on my mlm managed
> nodes(servers) that send traps and data to the mlm server.
> The ucd client
> is working fine in the non-mlm envionment, I'm confused after
> reading the
> MLM guide as to whether I will need to use the Solaris snmpd.

as long as the ucd-agent supports the smux subagent procedure/protocol

i'm not up to date with the ucd version of the agent but the
newer net-snmp distribution 4.x should support this
(judged from the 4.1.2 source-code ).

mfG. Alfred Reibenschuh
INFORMATIONSTECHNOLOGIE AUSTRIA GMBH
TELEKOMMUNIKATION