Netview 6.0.2/Soalris 8

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview 6.0.2/Soalris 8
From: "McCarter, Bill" <mccarter_we@naptheon.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 15:54:31 -0400
Hey List,

I've been trying to build a new server in my lab to put into production and
have been having some strange problems.
I'm running Solaris 8 on a Sun ultra 80, Netview 6.0.2, Framework 3.6.3. and
I'm seeing 2 problems.

1. I close out the default map, when I go back in I intermittently get
"portmapper already running" (sunrpc problem?), at this time I can't get the
map to start, after stopping and starting the processes with all the ov
commands, I end up rebooting the server and this seems to work and I can
start the map back up.BUT.........

Problem #2. Twice now, after I've rebooted the server I've been unable to
start ov processes and get no databases found.
 ovobjprint only shows the 1 smartset I created.
 ovmapcount shows no maps, and I had 4 maps.

This has happened twice now, Thanks in Advance for any help.

<<application/ms-tnef>>