Netview snmp v3/ldap/mlm

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview snmp v3/ldap/mlm
From: Mou Mukherjee <mou.mukherjee@inquent.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 15:16:12 -0400 (EDT)
Hi All,

I have three separate unlrelated questions:

My installation is on Solaris 2.7, with Framework 3.7B and Netview 6.0.1
(yes I need to upgrade to 6.0.2)

1) I've read previously in the mailing list that support for snmp v3 is
coming.  Does anybody have a ballpark idea of when this will be supported
or do I have to consult the development group which was previously
mentioned.

2) Is there anyway to use ldap services with Netview.  Say for the
snmpconf, so that strings could be saved and queried from a ldap
database.  I don't think this is possible because I haven't seen any
information about it but I thought I would ask anyway.

3) We are planning to use MLM's.  In the mlm guide is says that you should
use the Solaris snmpx (SEA).  We would like to use ucd-snmpd as our snmp
client.  Is it possible to use ucd-snmp clients on my mlm managed
nodes(servers) that send traps and data to the mlm server.  The ucd client
is working fine in the non-mlm envionment, I'm confused after reading the
MLM guide as to whether I will need to use the Solaris snmpd.

Any information is much appreciated. Thanks.

Mou Mukherjee
mou.mukherjee@inquent.com
InQuent Technologies Inc.