RE: Netview 6.0.2/Soalris 8

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Netview 6.0.2/Soalris 8
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:01:35 -0400

Did you follow the advice in the Release Notes for 6.0.2 about creating
/usr/lib/locale/en_US/LC_MESSAGES?  That's the only Solaris 8 dependency I
am aware of.

Otherwise,, "netview" is a script and you can trace it if you like.  Export
NV_TRACE=netview and then execute it.
Essentially all it does is set up the environment and start ovw.
Alternatively, you can try setting the LIBPATH as it is in the script
(since that is OS dependent) and then just execute /usr/OV/bin/ovw and see
if that will bring up the map.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT