Re: Hidden Map

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Hidden Map
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:23:49 -0400
Two things come to mind.
The first is colors.  Are you running netscape or some other color-hungry
application on the box BEFORE you start NetView?
Look in the nv6000.log and see if you see error message about being unable
to allocate colors.  If so, then you must close the offending application
before you start NetView and then restart it afterward.  If it is netscape,
then you can request  a private color map by starting with the -install
parameter.
The second is your LIBPATH.  Are you starting the map with the command
"netview" or "ovw"?  On AIX 4.3.3 the default Motif libraries are X11R6 and
those still have bugs in them.  The netview script resets the LIBPATH so
that the tried-and-true R5 libraries are searched first.  If you use just
"ovw" then you have to set the LIBPATH yourself.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Troy M Williams" <tmw@us.ibm.com>@tkg.com on 06/05/2001 10:03:14 AM