Re: Can't start Netview MAP from client

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Can't start Netview MAP from client
From: dil@acn.gr (Leventidis Dimitris)
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 08:52:11 +0300
Hi,

i had the same problem with windows nt server and windows nt workstation running netview server and client
in correspondence.
he solution in my situation was a copy of the services file from the server to the client ( a synchronization in other words of the services file between the netview server and the netview client.
Hope it helps :)

Yours sincerelly

Dimitris

PS
if you want i think you can add - or synchronize the ports that netview uses manually in the two files.

John Mackney wrote:

We've just installed NetView Client on AIX (6.01). Our NetView Server is on Solaris8 (6.0.1) as is our TMR server (3.7b). We had no real errors during the install (apart from a Locale issue on the AIX machine ""En_US"") which we resolved. We have configured the server to enable access to the client, and configured the client to access the server's MAPs  (NFS).

We expected to be able to start the Netview GUI from the client, but the Netview command returns the error "Cannot connect to server daemons". Can anyone see where we have gone wrong. Did we miss an obvious step?

John Mackney

Technical Design Authority

Logical eBOC

Logical (UK) Ltd.