Re: HSRP Information Needed

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: HSRP Information Needed
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:18:37 -0400
Maybe you can make your own checklist, David, out of the bits of info
that people send, and the bits in the archives. One thing for sure, make
sure you have unique sysNames configured on the devices involved.
Netview uses these to determine which device an address is on at the
moment. It is best to NOT have name resolution on those addresses,
and make an effort to discover the nodes by some other address.
A nice brute-force workaround is to just list the HSRP addresses in the
seedfile preceded with %. At 6.02, it will try to treat these as HSRP even
if they are not (eg intentional duplicates). I would try adding those, then
delete the routers involved, and rediscover them (put their loopbacks
in the seedfile), and demandpoll them. No mibs are necessary.  The
two traps, HSRP added and deleted, are generated by netview when
it moves them back and forth. Once they are declared to be HSRP (there
is a field in the database for that), they will be checked every 5 minutes
to see if they have been moved. (Checked by doing a get on the
sysname using that address....) Hope this helps.

Detroit

"Tremblay, David A." <dtremblay@JHANCOCK.COM>@tkg.com on 06/13/2001
11:34:46 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com