Constant Synchronizing

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Constant Synchronizing
From: "Scott ." <pepsiasg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:51:00 -0500
I am using AIX 4.3.3 NetView 6.0.2

Wehad recently made several major changes to our IP map (deleted many
objects for rediscovery and activation of a location.conf for those objects)
and now the map seems to be in a constant state of synchronization. Even
after having the R/W map open for 2 hours, it is still in synchronizing
mode. I check the processes (ps -ef | grep OV) and I don't see any real
processing going on. I have shut down the netmon daemon just to make sure it
wasn't discovering that was causing it, and it did nothing. I have restarted
the daemons and cleaned up the databases. Any ideas?

Thank You,

Scott Bursik
Pepsico Business Solutions Group