Re: Constant Synchronizing

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Constant Synchronizing
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:46:24 -0400
What kind of database maintnance did you do?
Synchronization is the process of ipmap updating the map with changes to
the topology database.  He gets that information from ovtopmd.
If you do certain kinds of database maintenance, then you will cause ipmap
to re-synchronize (re-evalute its placement) every object on the map.
See the man page on ovtopofix.  If you do "ovtopofix -u" then you cause
ipmap to re-sync the entire map.  And the ever-popular ovtopofix -a has the
effect of doing an ovtopofix -u.

I don't know what is normal in your case, and perhaps you should call
Support if this continues, but I have personally seen changes on a big
system which have taken two or more hours to complete synchronization.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Scott ." <pepsiasg@HOTMAIL.COM>@tkg.com on 06/13/2001 11:51:00 AM