RE: Constant Synchronizing

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Constant Synchronizing
From: "Hampel, Paul E" <paul.hampel@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 07:31:49 -0400
Try checking the permissions on /usr/OV/log/location.log. If it is set to
not allow writing for group or world you will need to change it. Ours was
set for 644 and we changed it to 666, now the synchronizing does not happen
every few minutes or so. It appears that ipmap needs to write to this log
file if you are using the location.conf file for the map. I spent many days
on this with Tivoli support (not to mention sending many trace files). Its
worth a try. Good Luck.

EDS - US Enterprise Infrastructure Tools
EEM Communications
paul.hampel@eds.com