Re: Rulesets for different maps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Rulesets for different maps
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:07:39 -0400
Rulesets in ESE.automation have nothing to do with the map.  They run
whether any map, or no map is up.  They are run in the background by the
actionsvr daemon.  So the answer is definitely "no".

Rulesets run in the "background" in this way are not tied to the user's
display at all and for the most part cannot influence what is seen there.
Only rulesets in the foreground can do that, and each user can run his own
He simply creates a new events workspace from the existing one and chooses
the ruleset he wishes to use.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT