No more objects in GUI

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: No more objects in GUI
From: BAUDOUX BERNARD <bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:47:24 +0200
Hello Forum,

NetView 6.0.1 AIX 4.3.3 ML8

I currently have the following problem :

I've had a problem with ovwdb : it was taking 100% of the CPU.   I've run a
trace with nettl and seen a lot of error messages such as :

Database failure in setObjectValue().

Cache update failure in ovwDbSetFieldValue.
File: internal/iSetFVals.C

twice per second.   I came to the conclusion the db was corrupted, so I 've
run a 'Restart automatic map gerenation' from serversetup.

It is now rediscovering the network, but NOTHING is displayed in the map
exept the location icons defined in location.conf.   The events window (and
trapd.log) shows all messages about nodes being added, so I know netmon is
doing its job.

The messages I receive now in the nettl logging are :

 072-D System call connect failed:
       Procedure ConnOrientedInternetClient::requestConnection

       File = .//nl_EZVDSconnOrientedInternetClient.C, Line = 263

       Error 79: Connection refused

reportIfStatus: Unable to find node 299 in the map.  Since the map is
read-only it needs to be refreshed so all nodes are displayed in the map

this one seems to indicate the map is read-only, but it is actually
read-write, so I'm confused...

anyone seen this before ?

Any suggestion most appreciated since the production machine is down.

Regards and thanks inadvance,
Bernard Baudoux
Phone: +32 (0)2/565.24.68
e-mail : bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com

This email and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication
is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender
immediately and then delete this email.
Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as
incomplete, or contain viruses.
The sender therefore is in no way liable for any errors or omissions in the
content of this message, which may arise as a result of email transmission.
If verification is required, please request a hard copy.