Netview 6.02 and NetRain

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview 6.02 and NetRain
From: "Nijenhuis, Erwin" <nijenhuis@hitt.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:00:05 +0200
Hello,
We have set our systems with a netRAIN setup, adding two "tu" network
interfaces as a unique "nr0" virtual interface.We are having no trouble
using netRAIN, the thing switches between the two network intefaces without
any problems.
The problem is that netRAIN does its work in a completely transparent way.
We need to know the state of any given network interface. i.e. We want the
IP-card symbol in Netview to know not only which is the active interface
(which is logged by netRAIN on the console and can be queried with ifconfig)
but also the state of the inactive interface (to know if the hub attached to
this interface failed, for example)
With the standard mib-v2 the "ifoperstatus" of the NIC can be monitored but
not the LinkStatus of a NIC (to check if the NIC is connected to a HUB or
SWITCH)

Kind regards,

Erwin Nijenhuis

HITT Holland Institute of Traffic TechnologyB.V.
Oude Apeldoornseweg 41-45
7333 NR Apeldoorn
tel : +31-55-5432532
e-mail : nijenhuis@hitt.nl