Re: Trouble loading Enguard MIB

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Trouble loading Enguard MIB
From: moshe_asseo@il.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 08:38:44 +0300

Have you executed the output file from the mib2trap command ?

Best regards,
Moshe' Asseo.
Technical support group
IBM Global Services Israel
Tel. 972-3-5316820 , Ext. 6820   ,    Mobile: 972-50-369245   ,
Fax.972-3-5313580
E-Mail: moshe_asseo@il.ibm.com

"Michael Spencer" <mspencer@neo.rr.com> on 19/01/2001 04:29:49

To:   nv-l@tkg.com
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] Trouble loading Enguard MIB

I have NetView 6.0.2 and AIX 4.3.3.  I am working with the Enguard program
and am trying to get the mib information loaded into NetView to start
monitoring traps sent from Enguard.  I have the enguard_ntf.my mib and have
run mib2trap against this file to create enguard_addtrap.sh.

When I receive traps from Enguard the traps appear in the events listing
as:

? Trap found with no known format in trapd.conf

When I look a trapd.conf and grep for 3024 I find that there is an entry in
there for this trap.  Have I missed something?
Is there anyone else who is using Enguard with NetView and/or TEC?

Michael Spencer
mspencer@neo.rr.com