Re: Trouble loading Enguard MIB

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Trouble loading Enguard MIB
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 07:49:56 -0400
Only too possibilities I can think of.  It is possible that trapd has not
reloaded the trapd.conf file when you did your addtrap.  You can take him
down and restart him or you can issue "event -e FMTCHG" from the command
line which should cause a trap to be sent telling trapd that the file has
changed and should be reloaded.
If that does not do anything for you then the trap you are getting does not
match what was added to trapd.conf with the addtrap command.  Use xnmtrap
and compare the enterprise id, and the generic and specific ids, of the
trap defined in trapd.conf with what is given in the "no known format"
message in trapd.log and fix the definition in trapd.conf.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

moshe_asseo@il.ibm.com@tkg.com on 06/25/2001 01:38:44 AM