Node Down immediately followed by Node Up

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Node Down immediately followed by Node Up
From: Bernard Disselborg <bdisselb@triple-p.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:21:12 +0200
Hello,

Environment: NetView 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.3

I'm getting a lot of Node Down alarms which are almost immeditately (1-4
seconds) followed by a Node Up.
My status polling is default: 2.0 secs timeout, 3 retries.
It looks like if a Node Down is generated immediately after the first
failed ping, and a Node Up is generated after the first retry.

I'v tried increasing timeout and retry numbers, but this doesn't help.

Has anybody seen this ?

Thanks in advance,

Bernard

Bernard Disselborg - Consultant
Triple P Nederland B.V. - Enterprise Management
PO Box 245
4130 EE  Vianen - The Netherlands
e-mail: bdisselb@triple-p.nl
telephone:      +31 (0)347 353317