RE: Compaq Insight Management Agents

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Compaq Insight Management Agents
From: "Stoner, Raymond" <Raymond.Stoner@spcorp.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:53:04 -0400
The Microsoft agent is extremely limited. We use the Compaq Insight Manager
for NetView. All of our Compaq servers run the CIM agents and forward their
events to NetView (SNMP trap destination), There is also Compaq Insight
Manager for TME10 which can be used to have the CPQ servers send events
directly to T/EC. We've been using CIM for NetView (have been for 4 years)
with great success. We prefer to do all SNMP related "stuff" with NetView.
Best of all it's free see CPQ's web site at:
http://www.compaq.com/manage/integration.html

Raymond Stoner
Technical Manager
Enterprise Management Services