Re: C5d and nvcold don't run

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: C5d and nvcold don't run
From: Szymon Trocha <Szymon.Trocha@man.poznan.pl>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:03:37 +0200
Hi James,

At 09:37 AM 7/12/01 -0400, you wrote:
>C5d won't run because it requires that nvcold be running.
>Try going to the command line as root and issuing  /usr/OV/bin nvcold and
>see what kind of an error message you get.

I inovoked the command:

# /usr/OV/bin/nvcold
ERROR:  nvcold:  Unable to add collection to list -  is a duplicate name
(file: nl_main.C, line: 702).

>nvevents has nothing to do with those two daemons unless you are running a
>custom ruleset which has a Query Collection node in it.  That would require
>nvcold to be running to execute properly.

I see. I don't run a ruleset with such a node. But the question remains -
why does it stop to refresh?

Szymon Trocha

POZNAN SUPERCOMPUTING & NETWORKING CENTER
Tel. (+48 61) 8582022
http://noc.man.poznan.pl