Re: C5d and nvcold don't run

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: C5d and nvcold don't run
From: Szymon Trocha <Szymon.Trocha@man.poznan.pl>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:09:51 +0200
At 11:54 AM 7/12/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Szymon -
>If I don't give you advice on something you ask, it is because I don't know
>why you are seeing the behavior you are seeing.
>I cannot always remotely diagnose what is wrong just from what someone
>tells me.  That is why there is a real Support mechanism with people to
>call to get personalized help.

Hi,

I understand that it is difficult to diagnose a problem remotely but
sometimes the problem could be known and someone could overcome it. It
seems to me that this time I will have to call the Support.

>I don't know why your events display seems to hang, since it has nothing to
>do with those two daemons.  There is probably something else going on at
>the same time.  If you do netstat -a  do you see sockets with "nvcorrd" in
>the name with large values in their send and receive queues?

I don't see any "nvcorrd" sockets with large values

>As for the collection problem, use   nvUtil G   to list your collections
>and see if you can see the one that is duplicated.  You are going to have
>to try to find it and delete it.

I can't launch nvUtil because the nvcold daemon is not running! I have a
message:
        nvCollectionOpen() in main failed: Cannot connect to nvcold

Regards,

Szymon Trocha

POZNAN SUPERCOMPUTING & NETWORKING CENTER
Tel. (+48 61) 8582022
http://noc.man.poznan.pl