Re: Is it possible to forward SNMP Traps to More than One TEC ???

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Is it possible to forward SNMP Traps to More than One TEC ???
From: "James Shanks" <shanks@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:46:38 -0400
The internal TEC adapter in NetView is built using the TEC library
functions, (it links in TEC libraries at build time) and TEC does not
support an adapter routing to more than one TEC at a time.   So NetView
cannot route to more than one TEC at a time either using the usual
function.
That said however, you could write a ruleset which picked out the traps you
want to send to "the other guy" and use an Action node in which you had a
script using wpostemsg to send to the alternate TEC.  That should work.
But the internal adapter is primary or backup only, one at a time.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Ashley Taylor" <ataylor@us.ibm.com>@tkg.com on 07/27/2001 04:28:34 PM