Is it possible to forward SNMP Traps to More than One TEC ???

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Is it possible to forward SNMP Traps to More than One TEC ???
From: "Ashley Taylor" <ataylor@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:28:34 -0400
Hello,

I'm learning Netview (slowly) and in our environment, we may want to
forward some SNMP alerts to one TEC and different alerts to a second TEC.
I know you can configure a primary and backup TEC, but I'm wanting to use
one Netview (UNIX version) to be the receiver of all SNMP traps in the
network and possibly forward them to different level TEC machines.  Using
rulesets, it appears that you can customize the trap processing.  Does this
include potentially setting a unique TEC destination per trap?  Is this
reasonable, or bordering on a maintenance nightmare?   Advice and
suggestions welcomed and appreciated.

Regards,

Ashley Taylor
ataylor@us.ibm.com