RE: Hostname Severity Exceptions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Hostname Severity Exceptions
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:55:25 -0400
Then I don't know how to tell you to do this for certain.  The Override
Node will override NetView severity, but it won't override your slot map.
And Nvserverd will use that severity unless you override it in the slot
map, which you already do.

How many events are you talking about modifying?  One way would be to copy
the event in xnmtrap and specify a node list in Event Sources and set the
slot map differently for the copy.  Try this.  Bring up xnmtrap, select one
of you Compaq events, click "Modify" and then "Help".   Read what it says
about Source.  It will explain what I am driving at.  But the process could
get awfully tedious, depending on how many events you have to set up.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Eric Pobst" <epobst@mediaone.net>@tkg.com on 08/06/2001 03:31:52 PM