RE: "RE: command line interface" - my 2 cents

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: "RE: command line interface" - my 2 cents
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:47:31 -0500
Okay Jeff, I am still confused. The devices in the database cease to exist
when the students leave - meaning the IP addresses are no longer in use.
NetView will delete these objects after they have passed the node down
interval (default 7 days?) OR if the address is re-assigned then the
day-to-day config polls will pick the changes up no? I am just being the
devils advocate here - obviously what you are doing works. I guess you would
choose to delete them only because NetView itself is the tool you use to
determine which addresses to hand out.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity anyway.
-Scott