Re: NetView 6.02 + CiscoWorks 2000

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView 6.02 + CiscoWorks 2000
From: Karsten.Schweiger@GECITS-EU.COM
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:06:48 +0100
Hi Jesus.
Get the Adapter from
http://www.tivoli.com/support/downloads/nv_cisco.html#c2000

but you install the NetView 6.0 NT patch too.

A few weeks ago I ran into problems installing the Integration Utility from
CiscoWorks on my Netview/NT machine. I got an "out of memory error" durimg
the installation. Here is a workaround for this:

the "out of memory" message during the loading of the MIBs is a known
problem: PJ27591
But there is a fix on the tivoli web site:
http://www.tivoli.com/support/downloads/nv_cisco.html#c2000
Download:
NetView 6.0 NT Patch -> This is the fix for loadmibv2.exe
                        to type the real error messages.
NetView 6.0 NT Server Adapter or NetView 6.0 NT Client Adapter
NetView 6.0 NT Cisco Integration Readme

If there are still problems to read the MIBs, fix the following:
cisco-call-resource-pool-mib.my
Problem 1:
   Textual convention doesn't map to real type.(Unsigned32):
   On or around line 161
   Bad parse of ASN type definition.: On or around line 161
   Mib table is bad.
   Solution:  load the mibs 'cisco-tc.my  and snmpv2-tc.my'
              first
Problem 2:
   Bad operator: on or around line 284
   Mib table is bad.