Re: Netview Client/Server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview Client/Server
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:17:58 +0200
Keith,

compare the /etc/services of the NetView server with this one on the
NetView client.
I've seen client installations were the install routine "has forgotten" to
put the NetView ports in /etc/services.
If so ... just copy the NetView ports from the server /etc/services into
the client /etc/services.

Kind regards
Oliver Bruchhaeuser

                    Keith Webster

                    <kwebster@teksy       To:     nv-l@tkg.com

                    stems.com>            cc:

                    Sent by:              Subject:     [NV-L] Netview
Client/Server
                    owner-nv-l@tkg.

                    com

                    29.08.2001

                    16:09

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Do you know why I might be getting the following message when I try
to bring up the GUI from the client when I run the netview script.

""ERROR: Cannot connect to server daemons

I tried what they recommend in the Netview Diagnosis Guide pg. A59-A60
and got back the proper results.
1. ping Server from client  (OK)
2. Check daemons (all running)
3. Client configured to access server (OK)

Just wondering if you knew about any undocumented issues.

Thanks!!!