RE: Alarm.log error text

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Alarm.log error text
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:14:35 -0400
Are you using Hummingbird's eXceed for X emulation?
I remember seeing a similar message when working with Nways (device manager
that integrates with NetView).
If so, go into eXceed's Xconfig --> Screen Definition and set Server Visual
to "PseudoColor" and then restart the Xserver.
This used to happen in Nways when trying to open a graphical view of an
8250/60/65 IBM Hub.
I don't know why, I just know that only PseudoColor worked.

Don Davis