Object that has multiple community names on the same IP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Object that has multiple community names on the same IP
From: dil@acn.gr (Leventidis Dimitris)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:27:30 +0300
Hello,

i'have a problem with a netview 6.01 on an AIX 4.3.3 system. I have a
device on my network that has only 1 IP Address, but reports different
things every time you specify another community name. With the default
community e.g. public i'm getting the ethernet statistics. If i use e.g.
public@s1 i'm getting different things which are related with the first
slot's connected devices (e.g. some wan interfaces).

How can i modify this object and assign to it 2 (or more) community
names?
I've seen Sunnet Manager to do this and i was impressed....can Netview
do this?

Thanks in advance

Dimitris Leventidis