Re: Object that has multiple community names on the same IP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Object that has multiple community names on the same IP
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:33:39 -0400
I'm afraid not.  One community string per box is all you get.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Please note that my new id is jshanks@us.ibm.com

dil@acn.gr (Leventidis Dimitris)@tkg.com on 09/10/2001 05:27:30 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   nv-l@tkg.com
cc:

Hello,

i'have a problem with a netview 6.01 on an AIX 4.3.3 system. I have a
device on my network that has only 1 IP Address, but reports different
things every time you specify another community name. With the default
community e.g. public i'm getting the ethernet statistics. If i use e.g.
public@s1 i'm getting different things which are related with the first
slot's connected devices (e.g. some wan interfaces).

How can i modify this object and assign to it 2 (or more) community
names?
I've seen Sunnet Manager to do this and i was impressed....can Netview
do this?

Thanks in advance

Dimitris Leventidis