Subnet in netmon.trace

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Subnet in netmon.trace
From: "Stamper, Steve" <Steve_Stamper@foremost.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 07:07:47 -0400
I have been fighting with a minor problem of NetView (V6R0 on AIX 4.3.3)
missing up/down status on systems that are automatically bounced during the
night.  I poll at 2min.  So I decided this AM to turn up the tracing on netmon
(netmon -M 2) to see what I can see.

All seems to be going well except.... Unrelated, I have several systems
dropping this message in the trace file.  I can't find any reference to the
"received mask" thingie in the documentation.  Any ideas?

06:43:11 : .//nl_pinger.c[1653] : -> received mask from 172.16.155.3
(cpqsw1.fic.com): 0xffffff00

Thanks²
Steve Stamper
Grand Rapids, MI