Re: NV6.0.1 for AIX and DB2 6.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV6.0.1 for AIX and DB2 6.1
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:04:18 -0400
It is pretty obvious that you had some kind of RIM/DB2 failure trying to
clear the database.
You will probably have to get help from Support to determine what exactly
happened, and they will probably insist that you also get current and
install 6.0.2 before tyring this again.

This is one of the hazards of trying to use any kind of RDBMs a live store
for topology data.  It is much preferred that you use the standard NetView
"flat file" database to run NetView with and load your topology into DB2
statically.  I'll bet that in order to recover that you will have to go
back to the flat files, clean out DB2 using its native DB2 utilities, and
then re-load the topology after the Map generation has finished.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Please note that my new id is jshanks@us.ibm.com