Missing SNMP Collections

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Missing SNMP Collections
From: "Ronald Ng" <ronaldng@au1.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:18:18 +1000
Hi,

I've currently got NV to monitor 200 network devices and collecting a good
number of SNMP MIB values. That seemed to run okay for a while.

However, I've currently found out that some of the data is missing for all
devices all at the same times - i.e. for a few links they would not have
data recorded for 3-4 hours continually. This is happening quite often.

I've already checked the disk space and the Netmon ping & snmp Wait lists.
They all seem to be quite healthy.

Are there any other possible reasons that can cause this to happen with
Netview?

Regards,
  Ronald Ng
  Associate Network Engineer - Strategic Outsourcing, Network Services
  Office : (02) 9937 8351 Mobile : 0401 149 331  Fax: (02) 9937 8100

IBM Global Services Australia
  Level 1, 55 Christie Street
  St. Leonards NSW 2065