Re: Data collection/thresholds, ruleset question, trap content

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Data collection/thresholds, ruleset question, trap content
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 20 Sep 2001 00:07:47 -0500
"Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com> writes:
> How about this: catch the threshold in a rulelset, and don't send it
> if it rearms within so many minutes?

So let me see if I'm smellin' the stew you're cooking.  :-)  I'm
pretty new to rulesets, so bear with me.  So to have the logic
"forward event if threshold is exceeded for X minutes"....

1) Setup data collection to trigger on the threshold you wish, and
   rearm at a slightly smaller value.

2) In the rulset, use a trap settings to get down to the the Data
   collection threshold, then into a reset on match node?

3) Then, in a separate branch from the event stream, capture the rearm
   event (it does trigger a separate nv6000 trap, right?) with a Trap
   Settings Node, and run it into the other input to the reset on match

4) ..and follow Reset on Match with a Forward node?

PRovided the rearm event throws a netview internal trap, I think I'm
set.  Am I starting to see the light, or need more illumination?

Thanks again for all your help!

Best Regards,
Todd