Re: Solaris Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Solaris Netview
From: WOOD Alison C <Alison.C.Wood@state.or.us>
Date: 20 Sep 2001 13:41:58 -0700
How do I get off of this mailing list?

Thanks in advance!

-Alison

>>> Jorge.Jiles@ualberta.ca 9/20/2001 12:23:00 PM >>>
Netview 6.0.2  rs6000 - 43P - 240 aix 4.2.1

We are in the process of upgrading our Netview Servers and we have the
dilemma whether to move from aix to the solaris version. We already looked
at the NT version and it would be too much of a change, and also somewhat a
"downgrade" to the aix version, so we declined that possibility. Aix is a
little of a hard sell in this shop as most of our servers are running
Solaris, NT or Open Systems (Linux, openBSD and others)

Couple of questions:

-Are there any big differences between aix and solaris netview? Are all
Netview "goodies" present on solaris?
-Can the databases be moved from one platform to the other? If so, is it
feasible to have 2 servers of different platforms, one as a primary and the
other as a backup?
-What is the prefer type of server to run Netview on Solaris? And what
would be the prefer type of server for the aix version?

Thanks for any information.

Jorge A Jiles
Network Analyst
Computing & Network Services