FW: Questions on NV 6.0.2 on Windows 2000

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: FW: Questions on NV 6.0.2 on Windows 2000
From: Jeff Law <jlaw@ems-global.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:59:39 +1200
Well I have managed to figure out what was going on with the SQL stuff. I
found the log file and it was trying to run the create_sqldb.bat file which
is for SQL 6.5. There is another batch file called create_sql7.bat, which
not suprisingly is for SQL 7.

They are different in the way they create the table, so when it prompted me
for the retry/cancel option, I copied the create_sql7.bat over the the top
of create_sql.bat, and then pressed the Retry button. Away it went,
completing the install.

It appears to be working fine, but we will have to wait and see. If anyone
has been down this path and found out it still doesnt work properly, I would
be interested in your experiance.

I am still interested in how people are remotely managing their servers if
you cant use Terminal Services. We have used VNC in the past, but the screen
refresh, or lack of it on occasions, drives us nuts.

Regards
Jeff