Re: Node Selection Name Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Node Selection Name Question
From: William.Stringfellow@bankofamerica.com
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:06:35 -0700

Scott,
     I have seen the same thing when our mapmakers tried to perform a rename
directly on the existing object by using the "Edit -> Modify/Describe ->
Object -> Set Selection Name" from the GUI menu and then entering the new
name.
     If, after having renamed the device, you do the same sequence, you will
see the regular name that you tried to change it to, as well as the regular
name with that number appended to the end.  If you still want to do it via
the GUI, just select the name without the number and say ok.
     We have found it easier to delete the object, update the host or dns
files, and rediscover the device so that it finds it's own name the first
time around.

          Regards,
          Bill