RE: Nodes not well discovered in Smartsets

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Nodes not well discovered in Smartsets
From: "Alvarez Lavin, Cristina" <calvarezl@iberdrola.es>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:50:48 +0200
Sorry about my last short message, I`ll try to explain the problem better in
spite of my English.
The map is a Read/Write map.
All the daemons are running
This is the result of ps -ef |grep collmap
    root  4726  4717  0 09:55:44 ?        0:01 /usr/OV/bin/collmap
   pilar  2703  2699  0 09:35:49 ?        0:01 /usr/OV/bin/collmap
 operdis 20202 20189  0 15:31:20 ?        0:00 /usr/OV/bin/collmap
    root 23516 21163  0 17:21:45 pts/2    0:00 grep collmap

After deleting the infonodo smartset icon it gets redrawn inmediatly in
blue, and all nodes inside of it are in blue. But these nodes don`t have
anything inside, no interfaces, nothing.
But this nodes are ok in the segments they belong to, clicking them, you can
see all of their interfaces. I`ve try to copy one of this node symbols(the
right ones) inside the smart sets, but they appear with a shadow (user
plane).

About the TEC, we have a rule to send events from Netview to TEC. This rule,
tecfin.rs, takes all the events from Netview, if they are Node Up/Down,
Interface Up/Down, or Node UP/Down, the rule evaluates if they belong to any
of the smartsets, if they do, Netview send the event to TEC. My problem is,
the infonodo smartset has nodes in blue, nodes with nothing inside, so,  it
is like the smartset is empty.
It seams this nodes in blue are different from the nodes in the maps, but in
fact they`re the same.

I hope you understand.

Has anybody find this problem before?

Thanks a lot.