Rulesets

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Rulesets
From: "Ronald Ng" <ronaldng@au1.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:38:07 +1000
Hi,

I was looking at the raw ASCII file in the rulesets and I was wondering if
I can completely copy one section of the ruleset to another ( while
maintaining node name uniqueness within the one file ) and then use the
source ruleset on the same Netview.

Does the uniqueness of the node names extend into the running correlation
daemon itself? Or is it simply a local ruleset file? Where's the boundaries
of the name uniqueness?

Regards,
  Ronald Ng
  Associate Network Engineer - Strategic Outsourcing, Network Services
  Office : (02) 9937 8351 Mobile : 0401 149 331  Fax: (02) 9937 8100

IBM Global Services Australia
  Level 1, 55 Christie Street
  St. Leonards NSW 2065