Data Collection & Thresholds

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Data Collection & Thresholds
From: "John Lester Rabling" <jlester@megared.net.mx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:31:12 -0500
Hello List,

I have Netview 6.0.2 with patch: IY20081, IY17533, IY15764 and IY21527,  and
Framework 3.7.
all over Solaris 2.8.

I am trying to configure "Data collection & Thresholds", but I dont see how
to measure something like if the OID reports 300 and the next measure goes
below 10% send me a threshold event. I dont need to store the information.

In other words, I have a CISCO uBR with 4000 modems connected to it, but by
some reason some of the modems get offline, so I need to know when this
happens before the customers start calling. There is an OID that reports me
how many modems are "online" and that is what I want to measure.

Any suggestions?

Regards, John.

--------
John L. Rabling