MLM's on NT with NV on NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: MLM's on NT with NV on NT
From: Bernard Disselborg <bdisselb@triple-p.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:11:36 +0200
Hi,

I'm familiar with the concept op using MLM's to distribute status polling
in a Unix/Unix environment.
Should this work the same way on NT ? Any issues ?

Q1.
I've installed the MLM on a NT machine, the midmand.log file shows the
following message:
        TME 10 MLM for NT/Windows 2000
        05.01.0005 MLM NT STATUS DISCOVERY
        ---
        NetView NT is not installed. Discovery/Status Checking/Threshold
Checking
offload is not available.

What is the meaning of this message, do I need a full NetView install to
distribute polling ?

Q2.
According to the NetView for NT User Guide a MLM's should be displayed in a
MLM Smartset after configuring/finding
MLM's. The Smartset is not appearing. The isMLM flag is set for the MLM nodes.

Q3.
Is it possible to configure the MLM to poll beyond their own subnet using
Smartset configuration like in a Unix environment ?

Q4.
netmon -a 51 an 102 options to check MLM polling don't seem to work on NT.
Is their some other way check if polling distribution works, besides
sniffing on the network.

I'm using NetView 6.0.2

Thanks in advance,

Bernard