Re: traps via mlm

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: traps via mlm
From: "Stephen Hochstetler" <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:23:57 -0500
are there hostnames associated with the IP addrs?   If not, can you assign
them hostnames from NetView's point of view?    s1_rtr1, s1_rtr2, s1_srv1
With a hostname scheme it may help you work with the events in TEC.

Thanks,
Stephen Hochstetler            shochste@us.ibm.com
ITSO Tivoli Coordinator - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564       FAX - 512-436-1991

ITSO redbooks at  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

                    helmut.schroeder.hs@b

                    ayer-ag.de                  To:     IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    Sent by:                    cc:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com          Subject:     [NV-L] traps via
mlm

                    10/08/2001 04:48 AM

                    Please respond to IBM

                    NetView Discussion

Hi all,

this NV 6.0.2 on AIX with several MLMs:

when receiving traps I would like to know from which MLM
they were send (not the trap agent's address) but I did not find
any variable which represents this value ?

I'd like to group events per MLM in the T/EC as the MLM
represents a site (trap destination for all local devices)
 .... and the ip subnetting so chaotic that I cannot
use the agent's address to determine the site
 ...any ideas  ?
Thanks in advance - Helmut Schroeder