Re: traps via mlm

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: traps via mlm
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:23:03 +0200
Helmut,

I'm not aware about such an undocumented variable.
MLM forwards the agent traps as is.
It doesn't add any information to them.

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
55131 Mainz - Germany
Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
bruchhae@de.ibm.com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

                    helmut.schroeder.hs@b

                    ayer-ag.de                  To:     IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    Sent by:                    cc:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com          Subject:     Re: [NV-L] traps
via mlm

                    10.10.2001 10:18

                    Please respond to IBM

                    NetView Discussion

Oliver,

Thanks, nice idea but ....

I do not have all trap sending devices as NV objects. In some cases
I use MLM and NV just for basic filtering and correlation before forwarding
events
to the T/EC (just trap handling - nothing on the map)

As the information of the trap sending MLM should be available (ip source
address), I was
wondering if there might be a (undocumented) variable available for the
event
definition /
slot mapping to get access to this information

Cheers - Helmut

"Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>@tkg.com on
09.10.2001
09:54:13