RE: snmp setup

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: snmp setup
From: "Stamper, Steve" <Steve_Stamper@foremost.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 07:42:30 -0400
Along this same line, I am fighting another problem:  I run mib2trap against a
particular MIB and get:
/usr/OV/snmp_mibs # mib2trap CPQ_V2.0.1aTRP.mib output.file
         Errors - no script generated.
IMPORTS(is a reserved word): On or around line 16
/usr/OV/snmp_mibs #

Line 16- contains:
<snip>
  IMPORTS
    enterprises
        FROM RFC1155-SMI
    swDiagResult,
    swSensorStatus, swSensorIndex, swSensorType, swSensorValue,
    swSensorInfo,
    swFCPortOpStatus, swFCPortIndex,
    swEventIndex, swEventTimeInfo, swEventLevel, swEventRepeatCount,
    swEventDescr
        FROM swmib-smiv1
    TRAP-TYPE
        FROM RFC1215;
</snip>

It looks like it trying to import some stuff from RFC1155-SMI, swmib-smiv1, and
RFC1215.  Am I right?  If so, where can I get these RFCs in a 'loadable'
format?  I know I have the swmib-smiv1 under a different name and can fix.  If
I'm all wet, can someone point me to the right place?

Thanks²
Steve Stamper
Grand Rapids, MI