RE: snmp setup

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: snmp setup
From: Kevin Smith <c-kevin.smith1@wcom.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 14:41:19 -0400
If I may piggyback on this issue,
                                                 I am running Netview 6.01
on Aix 4.3 I too am interesting in generating a trap from a mib vairiable.
The mib is a cisco mib that monitor cpu activity on a router.  My wish is to
create a threshold using this mib and when the threshold is met generate a
trap to the MLM wich then will forward the events to my Netview servers.  My
experience is similar to the author of this note.  Is there documentation
that explains step by step how to load and then get trap-events for mibs
that arent defined to your platform?

Warm Regards
Kevin Smith
System Administrator