RE: NetView/NT install - pmr 83058 , apar PJ27907 (St Elizebeths Hospita

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: NetView/NT install - pmr 83058 , apar PJ27907 (St Elizebeths Hospital)
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 15:29:13 -0400
Hi, Don.

1) The comunities go in c:\usr\ov\conf\communityNames.conf. Put them all on
one line. It can handle 6 in addition to the default that is defined in the
Setup
dialog for SNMP configuration.

2) I have never used it with SMS. That would be a good question for the
public
listserver. Go out to www.tkg.com/nv-l for subscribing. If you don't want
to subscribe
to the whole thing, subscribe to the digest for a bit. You can ask by
sending a note to
nv-l@tkg.com and if I see an answer I will forward it on to you. As far as
I know,
the only tie-in is that you can use SMS to install the Netview product.

3) Once CW2K in installed,  you only need to reconfigure the integration so
that it points to the CW server. This makes it so that you can launch
Device
Manager for a device that you have selected on the map. To run the
reconfiguration, look for a Cisco menu pick on the Netview map somewhere.
On that menu there will be choices to lauch Device View, contact Cisco,
and update the configuration (some words to that effect). Pick that last
one.
It will launch a little java thing that first asks where to get the nimdb.
Skip
that part, you already have one. I think the next section asks where the
server is. You supply a port (1741) and an IP address, both for RME and
CV5. Complete the dialog and I think you have to let the integration
run again (takes a while, fails on memory while loading mibs, but we
don't care.)

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

                    "Woeltje,

                    Donald"              To:     Leslie
Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
                    <dwoeltje@sebh       cc:

                    .org>                Subject:     RE: NetView/NT install -
pmr
                                          83058 , apar PJ27907 (St Elizebeths

                    10/08/01 01:33        Hospital)

                    PM

I have a couple questions for you.

1st. I can't remember where it was that we defined the communities that
Netview would recognize. I have four or five more communities to define for
it to recognize. How do I do this? It seems like there was a file I had to
edit.

2nd. It sys that Netview is supposed to tie into SMS......but it looks like
it ties into SMS 1.2 but not 2.0. Can you tell me (or find out) if Netview
ties into SMS 2.0 and if so, what I have to do to accomplish this?

oh, one more

We added stuff into Netview, when you were here, for CiscoWorks
integration.
I've ordered CiscoWorks. When I install CiscoWorks, is there anything
special that I have to do to Netview to tie the two together?