RE: snmp setup

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: snmp setup
From: "Stephen Hochstetler" <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 16:23:30 -0500
Chapter 7 of the NetView's Administrator's Guide is required reading.  On
page 286 is an example of collecting MIB information..... including setting
a thresold.

Thanks,
Stephen Hochstetler            shochste@us.ibm.com
ITSO Tivoli Coordinator - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564       FAX - 512-436-1991

ITSO redbooks at  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

                    Kevin Smith

                    <c-kevin.smith1       To:     IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    @wcom.com>            cc:

                    Sent by:              Subject:     RE: [NV-L] snmp setup

                    owner-nv-l@tkg.

                    com

                    10/08/2001

                    01:41 PM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

If I may piggyback on this issue,
                                                 I am running Netview 6.01
on Aix 4.3 I too am interesting in generating a trap from a mib vairiable.
The mib is a cisco mib that monitor cpu activity on a router.  My wish is
to create a threshold using this mib and when the threshold is met generate
a trap to the MLM wich then will forward the events to my Netview servers.
My experience is similar to the author of this note.  Is there
documentation that explains step by step how to load and then get
trap-events for mibs that arent defined to your platform?

Warm Regards
Kevin Smith
System Administrator